Monday, January 2, 2012

In with the New!

Happy 2012! From.......Australia!

In need of an "I <3 Australia" shirt

I am feeling refreshed, energized, and excited about this new year.  I love this time.  A time for making resolutions and thinking I will accomplish them.  A time for reflecting on the past, counting my blessings, and looking forward to the new year.

As 2011 fades into the past and 2012 becomes our present, I'm reminded of how much I value the time between endings and beginnings.  It's the way I feel every time a project at work comes to a close and I get to experience the newness of the next one.  When nothing is expected of you from the old and you aren't quite expected to know too much about the new.  Much like these early days of the new year.

Who do you want to be? What do you want to do more of? Less of? Where do you want to be in your relationships with your parents, your friends, your spouse, Christ? The beauty of right now is you get to choose...

Choose happiness.  Choose adventure.  Choose gratitude.  

Enjoy today.  Concentrate on blessings.  Remember those less fortunate.  

Be kind to those close to you.  Be kind to strangers.  Be kind to yourself.  

Ask for forgiveness.  Forgive others.  Forgive yourself.  


So as we leave 2011 behind, I plan to take away the positive, learn from my failures, and embrace the new :)

Wishing you a blessed 2012!




No comments:

Post a Comment