Monday, February 6, 2012

Bungee Fungee

What a terrible blog post name. 
You should probably stop reading right here because it's such a corny title. 
Then again, I know you are curious about that cool chair I'm sitting in...


Remember when you were little and were asked what magic power you would choose if you could have one? Well I was always torn between being invisible and having the ability to fly.  Being invisible seemed like a great idea since I could follow people around and spy on them.  Totally not creepy I know.  And flying...well who doesn't want to fly?

The closest flying options seem to be bungee jumping and skydiving so Brian and I had decided to try one of these little adventures while in Queenstown.  My vote was skydiving and his was bungee.  Since bungee was invented in NZ and because I am such a sweet wife, we agreed it made more sense to go that route.

So....we picked the tallest of course.  Have you ever met Brian? Because he would never choose anything less than the scariest option available.  Besides, if you are going to be nervous regardless, might as well go big.  But it really wouldn't have mattered if it were 40 ft. or 400 ft., I imagine it's the same rush either way.

And it was truly nothing short of amazing.  
The night before, I was so anxious I didn't know if I would be able to jump.  
The morning of, I had such a sense of peace about it, I could barely wait.


It was exactly what I needed.  The first 3 seconds contained thoughts of panic as the ground was looming beneath me, and the next 5 were sheer joy.  And after I got myself flipped back up, I soaked up the quiet, serene scenery, thought about my grandmother, and felt deep peace and gratitude.  It was one of the best moments of my life. 



I unfortunately don't have Brian's pictures on this computer, but will be sure to add them once I do.  He paved the way for me by making the big jump first :)

Enjoy! (FYI - there is sound to the video)

video


If you have the opportunity to do it someday, I hope you will take it.  And if you don't find the opportunity knocking on your door, consider seeking it out.  Unless you fall into a swamp filled with crocodiles (which apparently happened the week before we went), I guarantee you won't regret it.




2 comments:

Blain said...

OH MY WORD. How in the heck did you look so calm! My heart is still pumping!

sara.patterson said...

I'm with Blain... that looked insanely scary!!!

Post a Comment