Thursday, March 22, 2012

World Water Day

Today is World Water Day!

I didn't know either.

I found out in the client cafeteria. 

(the first and only thing to ever adorn my office)

It's a good reminder to be mindful of how much water we consume. 
One cup of coffee takes 55 gallons of water to make. 
55 gallons! Most is used to grow the coffee beans, but still.
I waste so much. 
And there are so many people who suffer disease and illness from not having enough.

Only about 1% of the world's water is freshwater and available for use around the world, so today I plan to change my ways.  I don't want to run out of water! It stresses me out to be anywhere with water I don't feel completely comfortable drinking...I can't imagine living with that fear all the time.  I'm so fortunate to have easy access to clean H2O, the least I could do is be considerate of the way I use it.

There are many opportunities to assist in the effort of getting freshwater access to people in countries where there is simply not enough.  
Take advantage of these if you feel led to do so!

  
Happy World Water Day

And a big 'hug' and 'happy birthday' to my very special grandfather :)

No comments:

Post a Comment