Tuesday, April 17, 2012

DIY & The Week Past

I don't DIY. 
In fact, I didn't even know what DIY stood for ("do it yourself").
I had to google it the first time I saw it.  I thought it was an exercise program.

It's not that I don't want to DIM, but the creative genes of my parents just decided to bypass their firstborn and hold out for Kate.  So I will live vicariously through the craftiness of others.

That being said, this is likely the only DIY post you will ever see here and all I can offer you is Easter egg dying (or perhaps it's dyeing?).


Step 1: Walk to drug store
Step 2: Purchase kit
Step 3: Walk home
Step 4: Follow directions
Step 5: Dye eggs

Brian and I had a great time; our experience went something like this...

B: "Are we going to do this before dinner or after?"
S: "We should probably do it before."
B: "Ok, well you aren't even ready yet and we need to leave in 30 minutes."
S: "Go ahead and get started and I'll be ready in one minute."



20 minutes later...



S: "The dye isn't staying on like it usually does...maybe they changed the formula."
B: "Maybe we shouldn't have bought brown eggs."
S: "Oh wow...we should probably tell people we used eggs we already had."
B: "At least they were free range."

(Always buy free range eggs/chicken if you can! They are pricey, but the chickens enjoy a free life and if we don't support these farms, cruel battery cage farming will continue to exist)



The result: Our egg family!
My brilliant supply chain friend, Casey, came up with this idea and I couldn't resist copying it :).
It was nice to have a reminder of home with us for Easter. 
Plus it made my decorating decisions easy.

Nevermind the cracked one blinged out in stickers...


Easter Sunday was absolutely BEAUTIFUL in the city. 
We went to church and then some friends hosted an Easter brunch on their rooftop.

I spent the week working in NC -- hanging out with my parents and touring one of our pharma facilities in none other than Wilson -- while poor Brian went kicking and screaming to New Orleans for a Bachelor party.  I had to remind him it was not his bachelor party -- that's how excited he was.
Coincidentally, my second sister happens to live in Wilson and we had a sleepover like old times.
Except nowadays she owns the house, cooks for me, and we each have our own bed.

On Friday, I spent quality time with Mom & Dad I.L. at dinner.
On Saturday, the ZTA ladies and I hosted a baby shower for Anni and Jay, who are expecting TWINS.
(Shout out to Master P for bossing planning everything so well xx)
And on Sunday, I listened to my dad's wonderful sermon about 'our personal timelines'.
Ahh personal timelines...what a distraction and source of discontentment you are.
  
It was a whirlwind week which seems to be the case these days, and I didn't get nearly as much time with family, dogs, and friends that I would have liked. 
But beggars can't be choosers, so I'll take what I can get :)

How was your Easter?
I hope it was lovely and that you were able to celebrate the forgiveness of your sins and the undying love of Christ.  And I hope that you felt the joy and peace of knowing God is always with you :)


1 comment:

Blain said...

Ya'll are too cute! Glad you also had a fabulous time at home! :)

Post a Comment