Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday & Good Things

Good Friday, y'all! And a good Friday it has been.  
No reason in particular, but the weather is beautiful and I love working from home. 


In lieu of an Easter egg hunt, I have decided to hide some of Brian's "favorite things" around the apartment.  And by favorite things, I don't mean sweet little presents I have been gathering for months.  I mean the basic necessities so that he has no choice but to go hunting around :) 
This is going to be so much fun for me Brian.

This Easter marks the first holiday I can recall that we won't be with our families.  
I will miss the beach service, our sweet dogs who are in Kernersville, and most of all, our parents and siblings.  But there is something exciting about holidays in NYC.  I'm looking forward to going to our own church this year and celebrating the day with friends afterwards.  I have even talked Bri into dying eggs with me tonight while we watch one of my all time favorite movies - Speed 2, which happens to be on TV.  If you have never seen it, you should treat yourself -- just look past the weak story line, bad acting, and amount of time they spend filming the musical performances.  
I don't exactly know why I like it?? 
I think because it reminds me of good times in my life when I would catch it on some random channel.  
It reminds me of happy moments and good things.

And speaking of good things...
Look past the fun stuff for just a minute -- Easter eggs, candy, egg hunts, candy, bunnies, candy, dresses -- and at the heart of it, is the best thing of all -- salvation.  What an amazing occasion to celebrate and be grateful.  Even if not looking at Easter from the religious perspective, one still can be in awe of the historical significance of what the day represents.  Unfathomable really, when you think about how much time has passed and how many have come and gone, and yet still people are united in thanking this man for sacrificing His life.  
Sacrificing His life for the very people who were persecuting Him.  
He could have escaped death, could have begged for His life, but He did not.  
He gave it up so that we would be forgiven for our sins.  
So that we would have eternal life after this temporary one.  
That we could know unconditional love, mercy, and forgiveness.
And that is a very good thing.

Happy Easter!


1 comment:

Mary Jordan Chapman said...

Happy Good Friday to you Sara! Love this post. I'll be in NYC for a wedding May 9 and would love to see you! love, Mary Jordan

Post a Comment