Monday, May 7, 2012

Amendment 1 - In Everything, Love

I feel like Amendment 1 should get a little air time. 

Oh my gracious -- I have never seen something with so much support behind it. 
Let's just say I know who I'll be reaching out to on my animal rights issues next time I want something supported.
And yes, I expect you all to wear t-shirts about it.

But it's funny how this works -- everyone seems to be speaking out for it to be voted down and I have only seen a couple of plugs from folks pushing for it to pass.  But I've heard the predictions. 
And I have my serious doubts that it will in fact be voted against.

Brian and I read something together last night that seemed to jump off the page and scream at me,
"this applies to the Amendment 1 debate!"

It read:
In essentials, unity; in nonessentials, liberty; in everything, love.

I am in love with these words, mainly because I can think of so much they apply to. 
To some, Amendment 1 not passing is essential. 
To others, it will not affect them, and is nonessential. 
But for those of us who are not directly affected by this law,
we must remember that in everything, love

Is the reason for your vote coming from a place of love?

Because it should. 

Whatever decision you are making with your ballot should be from a place of love
Love for others.
The way Jesus loves and accepts each of us.

In essentials, unity; in nonessentials, liberty; in everything, love.

2 comments:

Post a Comment