Sunday, May 13, 2012

Merry Mother's Day!

Merry Mother's Day, Moms!

Merry just seems to be a more appropriate word for today.  
Maybe because of the alliteration or maybe because moms deserve a less frequently used word.

Today I thank God for the mothers I have grown up learning from:
First and foremost, my mother, Suzanne, whose love and compassion amazes me everyday of my life.
And my incredible Nana, Mama T., Aunt Genny, Aunt Beth, Aunt Linda, and Kathy. 
Thank you for the sacrifices you made and for dedicating your lives to raising us to be people that others could stand.  Thank you for saying "no" when "no" needed to be said, and for saying "yes" whenever you could.  Thank you for encouraging, worrying, caring and always reminding me to lock the doors.  And thank you for teaching me to value what really matters in life and ignore what doesn't.

Today I also thank God for the mothers Brian grew up learning from:
His wise and loving mother, Mary, whose patience and kindness tops any I have seen.
And his amazing Nana, Grandma. Aunt Meg, Aunt Laura, Aunt Jill, Aunt DeAnn, JoAnn, and Vicki.
Without you he would not be the man I love, and for that I am eternally grateful.  Thank you for teaching him acceptance, diligence, and adventure.  Thank you for teaching him to truly love life and enjoy so much of it.
And thank you for opening your hearts to me as his wife.

Today my heart is heavy for those whose mother is no longer here to hear "thank you."
And it is heavier for mothers whose child is not here to say it.
My heart aches for those who have had the relationship and lost it because I'm sure it's an unexplainable void. But I hope you take comfort in knowing that you are loved, appreciated, and not alone today.

Merry Mother's Day to all, especially my Mom, mama Mary, and Holly.
Today is for you :)







No comments:

Post a Comment