Friday, June 8, 2012

Orange Cats & Random Fridays

Friday took her sweet time this week, but she's finally upon us!
This weekend I need to spend a little QT unpacking some boxes and suitcases.
They greet me every morning and don't seem to want to go anywhere.
I guess I should be flattered.

I keep meaning to post pictures from May -- family visits, graduation, moves -- busy month.


My problem with this is that we load pictures onto Brian's computer.
I rarely use Brian's computer because I never know where it is and Macs frustrate me.
Whenever I actually wish to do something with the pictures, it seems to be when I have no way to do so.
Kind of like craving chic-fil-a on Sundays.

My sister rescued and fostered a mama cat and her kitten a few weeks back.
Kate travels for work every week so her friend offered to take care of the cats while she's away.
Mama cat got a little sick on Monday -- on every surface of Kate's apartment. 
No, I'm lying. 
One room was spared.
I received a frantic call from Katie pleading that I go and clean up the mess.
I grabbed my mother-in-law's carpet cleaner, some chemicals, and headed off to what I assumed would be a quick job.
I like to clean.
I wrote before about my first job cleaning apartments after tenants moved out.
I thought I had seen it all.
I had not.
It was EVERYWHERE.
Dresser, nightstand, bedding, couches, chairs, tables, bathtub, closet, doors. 
There was no way to do this job without professional equipment, so a cleaning company came in to do everything her roommate and I weren't able to.
Dad drove to Charlotte that night to pick up the cats.
After some vet work and a few nights rest, Mom and I took them to their new home in Winston-Salem where they will hopefully be very happy.

Who doesn't love a fluffy orange kitten? 

  
Have a great weekend! 






1 comment:

Katie Tedder said...

Aww my babies....thanks for being the BEST sister ever!!!

Post a Comment