Monday, August 20, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday, Evie :)

“Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana”
- Groucho Marx

Took me awhile to get that quote. 
Pretty random, but it's short and makes my point -- fruit flies really like a banana. 

And time really does fly, doesn't it?


Reminds me how short this life really is.

How important it is to make it count.

To wake up every morning and choose happiness, even if it's a Monday.

And remember to let the things that don't matter go. 

It seems like only a month ago that I was sitting in the hospital waiting room with my in-laws and Holly's parents,
with Brian on the phone in NYC, waiting to find out if we had a niece or nephew.

A nephew would have been great, but I really wanted a niece...


It's been a year somehow. 
And though it's bittersweet that it came so quickly,
I kind of like it this way, because I remember that day quite vividly. 
And even if the time is passing quicker than I would like,
and I want to hold onto this age forever,
I am equally anxious to see the little lady she is going to grow into. 

Happy Birthday, Sweet Evie. 
The word "love" doesn't do our feelings for you justice :)







No comments:

Post a Comment