Friday, August 31, 2012

YOLO

For my non-rap listening readers out there,
YOLO = You Only Live Once

Brian and I spent last weekend looking at condos, cars, suits, you name it. 
It gave us some anxiety to discuss (to the point of exhaustion) how much time, effort, and money it takes to make a move across country, when you pretty much liquidated assets two years ago.

I got off a plane yesterday to a concerned text message from Brian.
He was feeling anxious, guilty, and uneasy about buying a new car.

I was running to make my connection and responded with the first thing that came to mind:
YOLO.  Buy it.

I love the term.  It's so relevant, don't ya think?

He bought the car and hasn't looked back since (this was 12 hours ago, mind you).
It turns out that the dealer lost his 18 year old son to an unexpected death 50 days ago.

You just never know who is going to cross paths with you.
And maybe he really needed that sale this month?
Needed a win. 
Needed something...anything.

I hope you have a lovely holiday weekend,
and maybe do something a little exotic. 

After all, YOLO.


1 comment:

Nicole Whiteheart said...

Sara,
I've never been much of a blog reader but I thoroughly enjoy yours! I find myself looking forward to your posts. Have a great Friday!

Nicole :)

Post a Comment