Friday, October 19, 2012

Oh, hello freedom

It's a big day for me, y'all, because today is my
LAST DAY OF WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And no, I am not having a baby. 
Check back in 9 months.

JK.  Not having one then either.

There are not enough exclamation points to illustrate how I am feeling.  I can't think about it and not shriek -- Brian told me everything I said this morning was "inaudible".

Now before I get too ahead of myself, I should mention that today I start what I have affectionately nicknamed my maternity-leave-without-maternity.  I am taking a temporary leave of absence to re-prioritize, do some mission work, hang out with Bri, and remove myself from the constant travel. Come February, I will have some decisions to make, but in the meantime, I am basking in the glorious embrace of freedom.

I have been blessed to have my job -- on a pro/con list, there would be a million pros and only one con, stress.  It enabled us to travel when we wanted, get home whenever needed, learn a lot about frequent transition, and relocate with no issues to NY and AZ.  It allowed me to support us while Brian was a student and gave me confidence in a way that I didn't know I needed.  Before college, I always wanted to be a teacher, and in a lot of ways I still do.  But I had some fears of choosing that path immediately and what it would mean if I ever needed to support myself and a family on a single income.  Thus, I took the business road, and by process of elimination, concentrated on Supply Chain Mgmt.  I knew it was a long shot when I applied, but God had different plans and it is by His grace I got the job.

It has challenged me daily and given me a constant knot in my stomach, but I have learned so much about so many things, including myself, that I will always take away gratitude.  I hope that during my leave, I remember the good days over the bad ones.  That I remember the travel benefits over the missed flights.  And that I remember the people I loved and not those I didn't. 

Hello, Freedom!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Hooray!!! Look forward to hearing about your new adventures! What a gift to be able to take a "re-prioritize" break. I know we could all benefit from that... Hope your weekend has been a good one so far!

Post a Comment