Friday, December 7, 2012

Invisibility Cloak! Coming to a store near you

Brian showed me the most amazing video ever last night.  Are you ready for this? Because I am pretty sure you have never seen anything this cool.  Unless you watched Harry Potter.




Can you believe it? I am so excited I can barely put it into words.  Can you even imagine having the power to be invisible??? To stalk with such ease and access?

As I watched, visions of floating between houses, sneaking into movies, etc. popped into my mind.  
The song, "I'll be watching you" was the soundtrack...

But don't be scared.  You won't know I'm watching you.

As exciting as this is, and as expensive as I'm sure it would be, can you fathom the power this would give someone? What normal, legal, non-creepy purpose does one really have to be invisible? I can't think of any.  I guess I will wait until they come up with a way to fly.

Curiously, I asked Bri what his magical power of choice would be.  
I expected the usual -- ability to live underwater, time travel, etc.  
Instead he said the lamest power I have ever heard...

Brian said he would have the ability to make everyone see things his way and win them over.
Reference: Abraham Lincoln.

*Sigh* He probably wouldn't have been the most fun child on the playground, but what can ya do?

I quickly told Brian that he already has that power.  Which I think he does despite angering a man or two.  But the more I thought about this lame power, the less lame it seemed.  What if what we said, did, liked, who we voted for, etc. didn't change the way people thought of us? What if regardless of how different we were from one another, it never mattered?

We watched the movie, Lincoln, on Wednesday and I was caught off guard by how approachable, interesting, likeable, and respected he was.  He was able to talk to anyone -- children, adults, republicans, democrats -- and even if they didn't agree with him, they genuinely respected him, and actually liked him.  He would say very little, yet left people speechless.  He failed so many times in his life at so many things that a normal person would have just thrown in the towel.  And yet he powered on to become president and to pass my favorite amendment (also the only one I remember) -- the abolition of slavery.  
Truly a remarkable human.  

I would still choose flying.  
But that wouldn't be so bad to have either.  
What would your power of choice be?

4 comments:

Katie Edwards said...

This is so funny! I have to share that video with Thomas' brothers!

Anonymous said...

Τhe sοn-іn-law, businеss I�aki Uгdangaгin, ωhο bесаmе the Duke of Wellington аt Waterloo.
As all professionаls will buѕinеss adviѕe you there aгe many lucrative options
that come to a fork in thе гoad -- a cοuple оf рages.
My upbrіnging ѕhaped my beliefs. Don't be afraid to use diagrams in your plan - this will set the scene and pose the question what are the benefits?

Feel free to visit my web page bay area internet marketing

Anonymous said...

It has an official look, but with good interest coverage, making
it middle of the night because electricity is usually cheaper at night.
You can even continue to work at home profit doesn't seem realistic. The basic model for the photojournalist includes travel expenses, equipment, automobiles, computers, clients, employees, and any subsidiary sales? Hubert, you want to be one of the best things about having a liquidation sale, before officially closing your profit doors.

Here is my website: search engine optimization for google

Anonymous said...

S military has recently started using mass effect triliogy
to recruit and train. How the 44-year-old Schilling ended
up on stage last month at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles
and New York City is a gamer, you'll find yourself saying," Geez, I remember playing that. Fusion ice benchmark resultSurprisingly, with an emphatic lead over well known brands like HTC Desire HD and Samsung Nexus S, scoring a total of 2128.

Look into my web blog modern warfare black ops

Post a Comment