Monday, December 10, 2012

Our Night with the Cactus

I am going to introduce you to some types of cacti.
Just what you have always wanted, right? 
Merry early Christmas.  


My sweet brother and sister-in-law gave me tickets to the desert botanical garden luminaries for my birthday.  There were steel drums, carolers, Native American bands, hot apple cider with liquor, and cactuses decorated in lights.  I felt very Arizonian.  Brian and I have learned that Arizona doesn't really have it's own culture.  There is a mix of Native American and Hispanic influence, with a large dose of "snowbirds" aka northern senior citizens.  And they can be mean.

First, you need to understand a little bit about the cactus.
In case you weren't sure, a cactus is a plant that is a member of the cactus family.  



Some cacti are covered in glass.



This is the seaweed cactus.  



And the asparagus cactus.



Here we have the touchable cactus.



And lastly, the baby cactus.




There was musical entertainment...



and my favorite - the carolers :)




And then on our way home....Brian spotted some reindeer flying in the sky.  
So, we turned around and found the most decorated house in the world.


Every blade of grass was covered in lights.


There were even Christmas dinosaurs! 
Weird or festive? 
I say festive.


The train display in the window.





And now, the grand reveal of the house I am someday moving into.
Brian has been BEGGING to build me a house, and who am I to stop him if that's what he really wants to do? 

Here, ladies and gentlemen, is my dream house:

double front porches: check
wrap around porch: check
tower: check

It's perfect and you are all invited over!



Thanks, Greg & Holly, for a wonderful night out!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment